Thursday, October 22, 2009

League Of Women Voters Campaign Coverage

The Short Story
A number of campaign supporters have expressed concern that none of my political commentary appeared in the Courier News Plainfield League of Women Voters ad that stated my submission was too late. My computer froze and had to be replaced, requiring all information to be completely reconstructed.

Instead of the usual word limit for a general statement, candidates were given specific questions and no word limit. Questions directed to candidates for Mayor did not include the Muhlenberg issue, even though it was included in questions for Assembly Candidates. I took the time to answer them all. The League decided that 18 minutes past midnight, of the date for submission, was a vaild reason to reject my responses and advertise that my submission was too late to be included.

Consequently, I did not expect any of my information, or my image to appear in their ad. Their use of my picture and blog address occurred after I questioned and accepted their decision and verbally withdrew permission to use my information on the League website.

I prefer no coverage to partial coverage that is subject to their judgement and control.
If you want to hear me speak in a public forum. Make sure you attend the:


Plainfield Area NAACP Candidate Forum
300 Central Avenue
Whitney Allen Young Community Room
Plainfield, NJ 07060
Please Park On The New Street Side
Sunday October 25, 2009, 5:15PM
Any groups or individuals who would like to hear my vision for Plainfield should:
email me at DNV.Dowe@verizon.net, or call 908-756-7273.
Deborah Dowe

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive